Yoga is worthwhile for the older people as it refreshes the body and mind . Some yoga increases physical strength, maintains muscle softness, flexibility and some help to cope up with their mental state as they observe their body aging. And as we age we should concentrate more the how we do yoga rather that how much we do.
As we grow older, we start feeling the effects of aging in our body. Yoga helps us to remain calm and composed, quieten our mind and start slowing down in life. It enables us to maintain stability and flexibility.
Yoga helps us in many ways as we age..
- Gives us a healthy heart, Improve cardiovascular health.
- Strengthen our digestive system.
- Reduce sleep related problems.
- Stabilize blood pressure and lowers cholesterol.
- Helps in proper circulation of blood.
- Helps in maintaining good mood and good well being.
- Fast recovery after surgery.
- Increase Joint mobility and strength.
- Improves balance and stability thereby reducing chances of a fall.